At Eat My Carbon, we aim to enable over 1 billion trees to be planted in areas
that are not currently designated forests, for example on marginal farmland, disused industrial
sites, and beside railway lines and roadways.
We connect landowners with an army of volunteers who are willing
to help supply, plant and nurture trees in their local area.
Benefits of Planting Trees
Tree planting can
- Help combat climate change by absorbing carbon
- Help protect the environment
- Provide landscape diversity and wildlife habitat
- Create jobs
- Provide windbreaks, and shade for livestock
- Help soil retention on steep slopes
- Improve the productivity of your land especially rough areas that don’t grow good pasture
A lack of political will among national governments has led to climate policy gridlock. But many local communities are focusing on solving their own climate problems, and we can learn from them.
– Dr. Ron Brunner, University of Colorado